jeudi 12 mars 2009

Mighty Tea's "Organic Hojicha Green Tea"

So I've noticed that the library's cafe sells tea too. The only "tea" tea that they seem to have (untainted by herbal flavors and such, because I tend to not like those) was Mighty Tea's "Organic Hojicha Green Tea." So even though I typically dislike green tea (as I much prefer oolong), I decided to give it a try. The tea bag is made of a pretty good material, sewn up in the edges with cotton thread of decent thickness (nothing crazy) and the tag is decoratively chained (made of same cotton thread) to the teabag. I see pieces of leaves as opposed to smithereens, which is a good sign. However, upon further inspection, I find that the smithereens are on the bottom. And there's a good amount. Not a good sign. The fact that the bag contained leaves of varying sizes isn't very promising. Of course, I believe that the best tea can only be made with whole leaves. But I'll give them the whole leaf thing just in case they chopped them up due to the purpose of tea bags... However, when you go "chopchop," you've started the time bomb. The tea smells...fruity? Does that make sense? From green tea? Maybe the cafe stored the tea improperly.

Eh, after drinking it, I find that it highly......lacking. Perhaps it's the fact that I typically drink strong tea and the cafe put twice as much water as I usually would. Or maybe the time bomb just already went off.

Or maybe I just don't like green tea.

TW